1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Snow?

Discussion in 'Silverstone - Mon 19th March 2018' started by mcridexe, Mar 16, 2018.

  1. mcridexe

    mcridexe Junior Member

    I will be driving up from Devon tomorrow, Saturday, and am staying with relatives nearby, but...

    Can I ask what happens if Silverstone is snow bound?

    Is the event re-scheduled?
     
  2. NigelS

    NigelS Chairman

    Hi Martin,

    As of this afternoon (Saturday 17th March) we have not received anything from Silverstone as regards Mondays event. This last happened a few years ago and we received notification on the Sunday. last time, the event was rescheduled later in the year (September), but contractually Silverstone are not obliged to rearrange the date due to weather issues.

    If/when we receive any notification that Mondays event is cancelled we will put an announcement on the front page of our website, on our Facebook page HERE and an update will be sent by email to all participants.
     
  3. mcridexe

    mcridexe Junior Member

    Thanks Nigel,

    I’m about 15 miles away today and have woken up to 1-2” of snow and a strong wind so unless it melts today I suspect Silverstone may have a problem for Monday!
    Weather is not good for today and staying below zero but sunny periods forecast for Monday.
    We’ll have to wait and see...

    Martin
     
  4. Dave P

    Dave P Vice-Chairman

    Just spoken to Silverstone and they have cancelled the TD they were due to run today as there is too much snow to clear off the GP circuit. They will make a decision on our day at 12.00 so I will update everyone then.
     
  5. Dave P

    Dave P Vice-Chairman

    I have now heard from the circuit and the day has been cancelled. I have e-mailed out to all who have booked but also posting in case any did not get through.
     
  6. Dave P

    Dave P Vice-Chairman

    Please note that the replacement for our cancelled Silverstone day has been confirmed as Tuesday 10th April.

    All participants have been e-mailed and the event should be up on the website soon so that any cancelled places can be re-booked.

    Let's hope for a sunny day!
     

Share This Page