1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Event is cancelled

Discussion in 'Brands Hatch - 24th Jan 2011' started by Martin C, Dec 2, 2010.

  1. Martin C

    Martin C Senior member

    I Have Just Had Confirmation From Brands Hatch Monday Is Cancelled.

    When we know what the alternatives are we will be in touch.
     
  2. Nick P

    Nick P Active Member

    Rats. Sensible and inevitable though. I'll just have to spend the time pulling the car apart . Again.
     
  3. chrisfb

    chrisfb Junior Member

    Rats indeed. Perhaps a little premature, but then they had to make the call at some point I guess, and Sunday when the weather may have improvde is probably a bit late.
     
  4. Tim Guy

    Tim Guy Senior Member

    Here's the email from MSV and I'll be in touch to see what we can get.
    I expect there will be some pressure on the 'good' days from other cancelled clients so the sooner we get it resolved the better.

    If anyone wants to express a preference, now will be the time to do it ;)

    Tim

     
  5. Trevor Leighton

    Trevor Leighton Senior Member

    Brands Cancellation

    Anybody want to buy a set of SNOW TIRES.:rolleyes:

    As regards to the alternatives, i've heard that the weather could stay like this until Xmas. :eek: So in my mind January could be a better bet, but who knows, up in this part of the world (north-east) it could stay like this until mid March. Yer pays your money and takes yer choice.:D

    Cheers Trevor.:) :)
     
  6. MG roger

    MG roger Junior Member

    Brands cancelation

    Bit of a relief really particularly for those that turned up at Mallory although it was good to meet up for an enjoyable evening at the Premier and a bit of car control practice in the snow the next morning

    The trouble with later in the month may be other comitments already booked this time of the year and of course January weather might be worse - still happy to support if poss

    MG Roger
     
  7. Nick P

    Nick P Active Member

    Agreed, January is probably the best. Its a bit of a lottery really. Assuming weekends are out, Mondays are best for me if there is a choice.

    Nick
     
  8. Martin C

    Martin C Senior member

    I think for reasons as stated by Roger, most if not all of you, will have plans in place for the time leading up to Christmas, which is only three weeks away. Also most people will have plans for between Christmas and New Year, although I guess many will be off 27/28/29/30/31 December, but some will be like me having to work that week as well.

    So my gut instinct would suggest January, as to weather, well it is becoming more and more unpredictable, but as long as we can get rid of the snow and its not freezing, then we can run a day no problem. Yes it might be wet, but we had that in 2008, torrentail rain, on the SIlverstone GP evening.................in the middle of August :eek:
     
  9. Trophy-Steve

    Trophy-Steve Senior Member

    Despite my two days of 'rain dancing' I am disapointed, but it was inevitable ! :mad:
    I am starting to have serious Track Day withdrawal symptoms, so much so, that I might have to take myself off to www.puretechracing.com on Monday for some therapy :D , that is of course if I can get to Crawley -
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuUWDaliDEc
    (more videos available on YOUTUBE)

    If anyone else is interested let me know !

    On a more serious note, even though I would like to do a track day sooner rather than later, I agree with the other comments that December may not be the best month due to Festive Commitments.
    January, may be the better option, but will go with whatever is decided.
     
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2010
  10. Trevor Leighton

    Trevor Leighton Senior Member

    Brands Cancellation

    Hi Folks,

    Just wondering if anybody else thinks it would be a good idea to pay a little bit more money ( to add to the £99 ) and get a date where we might get better weather ( ie. late March/April.) If this is a possibility ?

    Cheers Trevor. :) :)
     
  11. aluk49

    aluk49 Active Member

    Suits me, I think I possibly wont be able to make a Jan/Feb/March date
     
  12. NigelS

    NigelS Chairman

    And me, I think it would be well worth waiting until the weather is more likely to be better (well at least less cold & reduced snow risk). Happy to top up the cost if we can get into March / April e.g.
     
  13. MG roger

    MG roger Junior Member

    Brands Hatch

    Definately go with Trevor's idea

    MG Roger
     
  14. Martin C

    Martin C Senior member

    Hi all,

    Our options on this will be very limited, we will do the best we can and as soon as we have any concrete news all participants will be contacted via e-mail.
     
  15. davea

    davea Junior Member

    Brands reschedule

    Hi Martin,

    just like to add my thoughts on this.I agree with the previous idea,that if you get offered a choice of dates,and the better date means a top up fee,I would go along with this.However,I apreciate the problems,and will attempt to go with whatever you can arrange.
    Appreciate your efforts,

    have a good Xmas

    Cheers,Dave.
     
  16. chrisburton84

    chrisburton84 Active Member

    If Brands is going to be re run, would it be reopend to people who weren't orginally booked in, I fully appercaite that drivers booked in on Monday would be offerd them first or is it to up in arms to answer just yet.

    Chris
     
  17. Stu

    Stu Senior Member

    Hi Chris

    The date would be offered to all the participants of the cancelled day first but there will always be a percentage who can't make the rescheduled date. Those places will then be made available to everyone in the hope we can refill the event.

    As soon as we have have details from Brands and contacted the participants to establish where we are we'll let you all know......In the mean time

    Keep warm:D

    Stu
     

Share This Page